Subject: Re: timezones for talking (was Re: [lojban] on the fone?)

From: Candide Kemmler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 13:56:29 +0100

> I wonder what sort of company it is where people are interested in 
> Lojban!

:-)

It's more friends then colleagues, actually; although there *are* some 
colleagues participating. Those people are curious and as such, you 
cannot (yet) consider them real lojban recruits. Speaking for myself, 
I'm not yet up to learning the language either.

I rather consider it a technology for the moment, and I think that's an 
idea that makes people curious about lojban, and might even encourage 
them to learn it sometime. It's "the language of the future, the one 
we'll use to talk with R2D2"... AND besides, it's an interesting beast, 
being formally defined, free of ambiguity, etc... Still, the main issue 
is about humans and machines to become friends.

When we meet on SpeakFreely (monday 5-8 PM CET, I hope), I think people 
will want to hear lojban spoken, they will ask questions about the logic 
behind lojban, they'll want to know how to express feelings with lojban 
and hear poetry... That sort of things.

Candide Kemmler

PS: BTW, making progress with the diphone recordings...