Subject: Re: [lojban] standard

From: "G. Dyke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 17:04:40 +0100

La pier cusku

BTW, is it some american thingy that makes people take your name as an
example for the comma : pi,er ; do you or anyone else pronounce your name
like that?

> On Sunday 20 January 2002 07:55, G. Dyke wrote:
> > I'm not sure what the import of this post is, but here goes :
> >
> > In German, people do not say "I am cold" or "I am well", with "I" in the
> > nominative (subject), but "mir ist kalt/gut", in the dative. This is
> > because lojban is not the first language to include standards ; we would
> > probably say {xamgu mi} and {lenku tu'a mi). Comments?
>
> "I am well" is not "xamgu mi"; it is "mi kanro".

Err oops, I'm getting all mixed up all the time these days uinai
I was thinking of answers to questions like did you do well ?which can be
directly translated from all the natlangs I know into lojban.

> "I am cold" is "lenku tu'a
> mi" if you are talking about the air temperature,
but "mi lenku" if you have
> a to'e fever.

But without thinking, people (except germans, others? and the forewarned)
will say .oi mi lenku when they mean .oi tu'a mi se lenku

oi mi lenku means you have frostbite or are not conscious enough to say
anything

mu'omi'e greg.