Subject: Re: [lojban] Lojban for lay programmers

From: "Robert J. Chassell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 12:07:19 +0000 (UTC)

Great ! I have exactly the same feeling about lojban as you. ....

I am happy that, as of the voice synthesis project, with the help of 
Jack Crosscope, I have now recorded a whole set of good quality diphones 
(1186 !), ...

This is really important! If you can, please continue so people can
listen to Lojban inside of Emacspeak; that way, we get a complete, and
efficient auditory desktop as well as visual one. 

(I cannot remember your connection, if any, to Emacspeak. 
Are you working on the Festival Lite project?

http://www.flite.org/

Flite would enable people to run Emacspeak with entirely free
software, rather than with the gratis software that many now use.)

Now, concerning developing a programming language, ... 

http://www.antlr.org/

I AM VOLUNTEERING TO WRITE AN ANTLR GRAMMAR FOR LOJBAN*

Wow! Please do. A great deal will grow out of this.

... I think lojban is indeed much more than a language hobbyist's
toy. The very motivation for its inception (or that of its direct
ancestor) indeed was part of a humanist vision and I think we
should try to continuate this tradition.

Yes, you are right!

-- 
Robert J. Chassell [email-masked]
Rattlesnake Enterprises http://www.rattlesnake.com