Subject: Re: [lojban] Lojban as a prolog interface ? (was: Re: lojban as a programming language)

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 09:23:19 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Candide Kemmler wrote:

> Well, the subject says it all...
>
> I don't know much about prolog, but I think it'd be usefull to have
> prolog parse sentences and store them in a facts database possibly using
> RDBMS persistence. The stored facts could then be used to infer answers
> to specific questions.

This is a good direction to think in. But relational databases are suited
for big tables of accounting data; what we need is at least an object
database, with classes of real things that have states and inheritance
relationships between them, or even better, build upon one of the existing
such formats, such as KIF, or something based on RDF.

Where do you want the arbitrariness? You can have it in the data
structure or the algorithms, and wherever it goes it adds friction should
you want to modify and grow the system.

This is not so different from the Lojban Shell idea, briefly discussed on
the Wiki. I think the size of such a project is scaring people from even
starting anything.

-- 
The tao that can be tar(1)ed
is not the entire Tao.
The path that can be specified
is not the Full Path.