Subject: RE: [lojban] Bible translation style question

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 07:55:27 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, And Rosta wrote:

> Where I do see a SAE bias is, say, in the choice among the following:
>
> 1. lo broda cu brode
> 2. da broda gi'e brode
> 3. da ge broda gi brode
>
> These are equivalent, but the first is the most favoured and the last the
> least. Why is that?

Because 3 is the longest option, and anyone with sense is as lazy a typist
as possible?

And 2 and 3 are another full syllable longer than 1, so I doubt they'd
even manage to win if you start speaking them.

I am, by the way, only partially serious. Do you happen to have another
example of SAE bias handy where syllable count or character length or
simplicity of the cmavo used can't be the cause?

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose