Subject: Re: Free Software (or Open Source) (was Re: [lojban] Perl "drill" program...)

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 12:47:25 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Edward Cherlin wrote:

> On Thursday 24 January 2002 06:05 am, Deven T. Corzine wrote:
> > On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, John Cowan wrote:
> > >
> > > In Lojban, no thread is ever truly dead.
>
> Yes, I intend to bring up the anti-ka thread again from, I think,
> four years ago as soon as I find out what the refgrammar has to say
> on the various components of the subject. I got my copy just a few
> weeks ago, and have been plowing steadily through it.

Great! I have built up some material to discuss, but haven't had the
initiative. (Hint: Read "ni".) But please, let's discuss it on jboske,
shall we, and maintain this list free from the megabytes of smug
philosophical pretense sure to follow!

> I won't argue the merits of Free Software vs. Open Source vs. BSD
> etc. licensing here. There are plenty of other places to do it. :-)

Unlike the canonical circumcision discussion, I'm afraid all "places" on
the net are fair game for the Free Software debate. Those who want to
avoid it can stick to faxes. Go GPL!

-- 
The tao that can be tar(1)ed
is not the entire Tao.
The path that can be specified
is not the Full Path.