Subject: RE: [lojban] Bible translation style question

From: "Craig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 20:04:15 -0500

>> >Or, similarly, while Lojban grammar makes VSO order inherently marked,
>> >SVO and SOV orders are equally unmarked, yet there is a widespread
>> >preference in current usage for SVO,
>>
>> I use SOV whenever it would be as clear as the SVO (there are times when
it
>> wouldn't, but they are not all that frequent)

>Should sentences of the form {la b cusku lu" dzadza dzadzadza "li'u la c}
be
>worded as {la b lu" dzadza dzadzadza "li'u la c cusku} or {la b lu" dzadza
>dzadzadza "li'u cusku la c}?

It is a matter of personal style. I have used both, but I prefer "la b. lu
dzadza dzadzadza li'u la c. cu cusku". However, I would prefer "mi broda da
poi brode" over "mi da poi brode cu broda", because for some brode it can
get difficult for the listener.
Interestingly, the Lojban NIALL dictionary I am training shows a preference
for SOV, when its utterances parse.

--la kreig.daniyl.

'ro temci lo menli cu nibli'

xy.sy. gubmau ckiku nacycme: 0x5C3A1E74