Subject: Re: [lojban] signs and seasons and days and years

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:51:32

la pier cusku di'e

>ni'o la cevni cu bacru lu .e'o tergusni tu'i le tsani sligu .ibo sepri'a 
>.e'o
>lo'e donri lo'e nicte .ije sinxa ce cabysni ce djesni ce nacysni

It seems to me that {e'o} is totally out of character for God.
I would use {ei}.

>* The Hebrew says "whayu l'otot ulmo`adim ulyamim ulshanim". I'm not sure 
>how
>to handle the "l"s. The stars aren't seasons, days, or years; they are 
>"for"
>seasons etc. Apparently they aren't signs either, they are for signs. What
>does this mean?

I've no idea about the Hebrew. From the Spanish translation I have,
it would be something like {i ei sinxa lo'e citsi e lo'e djedi e
lo'e nanca}, but I guess {i ei citsysni je djesni je na'asni}
works too.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. 
http://www.hotmail.com