Subject: Re: [lojban] signs and seasons and days and years

From: "Adam Raizen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 15:37:38 +0200

la pier. cusku di'e

> On Wednesday 30 January 2002 12:57, Adam Raizen wrote:
> > 'X [hayah] le-Y' is a common formula in the Bible for 'X
became/was
> > Y'. Compare the phrase 'vatehi lo le-isha' -- 'She was/became his
> > wife.', which must occur numerous times (too lazy to find an
example
> > just now). I suppose that calling them seasons, days and years is
a
> > metaphor. Is that type of metaphor allowed in lojban? I think I
would
> > say that they are signs for seasons, etc.
>
> Could they also be signs for navigation, as well as marking seasons?

The sun, moon, and stars have been used for navigation, but what does
that have to do with the verse or how to translate it? The verse
mentions seasons, days and years, not navigation.

mu'o mi'e .adam.