Subject: Re: [lojban] utterances; UI

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 04:22:13 -0500

At 10:00 AM 2/2/02 -0500, [email-masked] wrote:
>1) utterances are the top level of loglan grammar and subsume everything 
>that is loglan under that name. relevent?

Not really. We had utterance in there also equivalent to TLI's grammar, 
but when we added in the grammar of strings and chains of utterances 
(paragraphs and larger chunks, along with parentheticals), it seemed less 
appropriate (it also helped us in the copyright situation to use different 
words where it made sense to do so).

> maybe not, since lojban uses "text" instead.

Text is something larger than a TLI utterance which I think corresponds to 
a subset of our "paragraph" rules.

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org