Subject: Re: [lojban] tautologies

From: And Rosta <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:53:56 +0000

>>> Jorge Llambias <[email-masked]> 02/09/02 10:03pm >>>
#la pycyn cusku di'e
#>I hated it, for all the reasons that I dislike this one -- a free floating
#>indirect question doesn't make any sense at all and doesn't have a truth
#>value, so can't be atached truth functionally.
#But you're approaching this backwards. You say: "{makau broda}
#is an indirect question and therefore it only makes sense in
#subordinate clauses. I refuse therefore to consider what it might
#mean as a free floating clause." I want to say: "We more or less
#understand what {makau broda} means as a subordinate clause, but
#in Lojban it is also grammatical as a free floating clause. Is
#there a possible generlization of the meaning so as to cover this
#case, or are we forced to declare it nonsense?"

As I just said in a message of 2 minutes ago, you need to ask the
same question about ce'u.

Also, although your question is legitimate, I think you can construe pc
as answering your question in the negative.

#How do you say in Lojban "I buy it whatever it costs"?

"I buy it ije jetnu fa ro jetnu du'u it costs ma kau"

--And.