Subject: Re: [lojban] tautologies

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 23:13:23

la and cusku di'e

>#"We more or less
>#understand what {makau broda} means as a subordinate clause, but
>#in Lojban it is also grammatical as a free floating clause. Is
>#there a possible generlization of the meaning so as to cover this
>#case, or are we forced to declare it nonsense?"
>
>As I just said in a message of 2 minutes ago, you need to ask the
>same question about ce'u.

Ok, but the answer may not be the same. {kau} takes us from an
incomplete bridi to an unspecified completion. {ce'u} takes us
from an incomplete bridi to a property _of something_. I don't
know what to do with a dangling property, but I do know what to
do with a dangling unspecified completion of an incomplete bridi.
I wouldn't know what to do with a floating ke'a-clause either.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. 
http://www.hotmail.com