Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: [lojban-beginners] Non-logical AND in Tanru?

From: EWC <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 16:01:31 -0700

On Sat, 16 Feb 2002 09:53:43 EST, [email-masked] wrote:
>But the 
>ones I was mainly focusing on were ones like {cmalu xanto} where the object 
>that is the {cmalu} cannot be isolated from the {xanto}, without problems; 

Well, in a contrived example, if we were sorting our menagerie into two
groups, one with a large number of total animals and one with a small
number of total animals, the way in which the elephant is cmalu may be
that it belongs to the smaller group.  

>that is, the broda does have its places filled implicitly but not in 
>isolation. I took the isolation claim to be the likely next step in your 
>reasoning and wanted to stop it beforehand.

The places of broda are filled by zo'e, which draws from a larger
context than just the current bridi, as does the co'e implicit in the
tanru. We're still claiming {ta poi xanto cu co'e zo'e poi cmalu}
implicitly with {ta cmalu xanto}, though.

-- 
EWC