Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: [lojban-beginners] Non-logical AND in Tanru?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 18:50:21 EST

In a message dated 2/16/2002 4:59:53 PM Central Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> >But the 
> >ones I was mainly focusing on were ones like {cmalu xanto} where the 
> object 
> >that is the {cmalu} cannot be isolated from the {xanto}, without problems; 
> 
> 
> Well, in a contrived example, if we were sorting our menagerie into two
> groups, one with a large number of total animals and one with a small
> number of total animals, the way in which the elephant is cmalu may be
> that it belongs to the smaller group. 
> 

You have a twisted mind -- Lojban like that in a user. Yeah, this would 
work.

<>that is, the broda does have its places filled implicitly but not in 
>isolation. I took the isolation claim to be the likely next step in your 
>reasoning and wanted to stop it beforehand.

The places of broda are filled by zo'e, which draws from a larger
context than just the current bridi, as does the co'e implicit in the
tanru. We're still claiming {ta poi xanto cu co'e zo'e poi cmalu}
implicitly with {ta cmalu xanto}, though.>

Remote but OK. Disambiguation has a lot of work to do here, probably changing 
the structure in the process.