Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: [jboske] RE: Anything but tautologies

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 16:38:26 EST

In a message dated 2/21/2002 3:18:20 PM Central Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> la xorxes. cusku di'e
> 
> > Then we're missing an important predicate: "x1 maps value x2 to
> > value x3".
> 
> That is 'mapti' I think. ('x1 is mapped to x2 by rule/function x3') Of
> course, mapti doesn't claim that the mapping is a function, but if
> that is important then 'fancu mapti' should work.
> 

mapti mat fit 'match' x1 fits/matches/suits/is 
compatible/appropriate/corresponds to/with x2 in property/aspect x3 7j 47 
(cf. satci, tugni, sarxe, drani, tarmi, ckini, mintu)

Not quite exactly -- the tanru suggested is a possibility however. And the 
others to be compared, especially {sarxe}, and {ckini} might be useful as 
well.