Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: [jboske] RE: Anything but tautologies

From: Adam Raizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 02:22:09 +0200

la pycyn. cusku di'e

> > > Then we're missing an important predicate: "x1 maps value x2 to
> > > value x3".
> >
> > That is 'mapti' I think. ('x1 is mapped to x2 by rule/function
x3') Of
> > course, mapti doesn't claim that the mapping is a function, but if
> > that is important then 'fancu mapti' should work.
> >
>
> mapti mat fit 'match' x1 fits/matches/suits/is
> compatible/appropriate/corresponds to/with x2 in property/aspect x3
7j 47
> (cf. satci, tugni, sarxe, drani, tarmi, ckini, mintu)
>
> Not quite exactly -- the tanru suggested is a possibility however.
And the
> others to be compared, especially {sarxe}, and {ckini} might be
useful as
> well.

Since we've been interpreting properties as functions, I think it
works well. 'la barbras mapti la dabias le ka ce'u mamta makau.' What
would you put in the third place that doesn't work? I suppose that the
place structure of at least 'sarxe' and 'ckini' look equally tempting,
but I think 'mapti' looks best. (Though this then brings up the
question, what is the difference between the three.)

mu'o mi'e .adam.