Subject: Re: [lojban] notpejgau

From: Adam Raizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 14:53:19 +0200

la pier. cusku di'e

> I just made this up for "apostle" and am not sure what the place
structure
> should be.
>
> notci: message, subject, author, audience
> preja: thing, final extent, initial extent
> gasnu: doer, effect
>
> The effect is the spreading of the message, so x1 of {notpejgau} is
the
> apostle and the places of {notpe'a} are bumped by one. n1=p1, p2=n4.
But
> should n2 and n3 be dropped? Can p3 be replaced with the apostle's
origin?

I think the veljvo is 'notci ke preja gasnu', not 'notci preja gasnu',
though perhaps there's not so much of a difference. The place
structure of 'pejgau' is g1 p1 p2 p3, and p1=n1, so the whole thing
would be g1 p1=n1 n2 n3 n4=p2 p3, minus any extra places. I think that
n2 and n3 are probably irrevant, though if they're truly necessary for
'notci' I would be hesitant to drop them. p3 should be the original
extent the message is known, not the apostle's origin (the notci is
preja, not the gasnu).

At any rate, I think that there might be a better way to express this.
At first thought I think of 'misygau' (g1 m1 m2), which is simpler
since it just has the apostle, the message and the target audience. Of
course, in either case the x1 doesn't necessarily have to be a human,
but context should normally resolve that. Adding 'sarji' in some way
may also make the meaning clearer. Also, I think that someone can
still be an apostle even if they fail in their apostlizing, so in some
cases in may be necessary to add -toi or -pla to the end.

mu'o mi'e .adam.