Subject: go'i: repeated referents or just sumti?

From: EWC <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:58:47 -0700

Does {go'i} repeat the referents of the sumti of the previous the bridi
or just the sumti? That is, does {le mlatu cu catlu mi. i go'i le
gerku} necessarily refer to the same cats in the second statement or
just another group of {ro le su'o mlatu}?

Is
le mlatu cu catlu mi. i go'i le gerku
the same as
le mlatu cu catlu mi. i le mlatu cu catlu le gerku
or
le mlatu cu catlu mi. e le gerku
?

In the last the same X described as a cat looks at both me and the dog,
while in the middle one the X looking at me is not necessarily the Y
looking at the dog.

Which one is {go'i} equivalent to?

-- 
EWC