Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: [jboske] RE: Anything but tautologies

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 14:55:30

la djan cusku di'e

> > It's a pronoun, isn't it? It can be useful to refer for
> > example to "equation 1", or "example 1", etc.
>
>Perhaps so.

"Equation 10" will be awkward, though. Still, it has to
be a pronoun of some kind.

> > In some contexts it might be confusing, for example is {vybu}
> > {v'} or {w}?
>
>I knew someone would bring that up. It has to be w, and then
>if you need both v' and w, or both v'' and w', etc., you
>are S.O.L.

"Simply Out of Luck"? "Standing on One Leg"? I give up...

>"N second", of course. "Prime" is not the name of the mark,
>it just means "first" here.

That's what I say in Spanish, "ene prima" and "ene segunda",
but in English I've always heard it called "n double prime".
I don't think English speakers perceive the "prime" as
meaning "first", and I don't think even Spanish speakers
perceive that "prima" as meaning "primera".

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. 
http://www.hotmail.com