Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: [jboske] RE: Anything but tautologies

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 20:41:40 EST

In a message dated 3/1/2002 2:56:38 PM Central Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> >But is a mass of text a text?
> 
> Some masses of texts, sure. Maybe even all masses, can you
> think of a case where it wouldn't be?
> 

I would like to see an example. The mass of texts in my library is not 
obviously a text. What does it collaborate to do or have done to it that 
clearly marks it as a text?

<>A mass of dogs is not a dog.

Almost always not. A mass of one dog is a dog.
No set of dogs is a dog.>

Well, I agree to the second part and can at least make sense of the first 
part, though I think that the mass of a single dog is different from the dog 
itself -- and certainly from any other dog, so not a dog at all.

<A is to abu as 1 is to pa.>

Since that seems to be the question I'm asking, how are these critters 
related, this hardly helps any. I can can do circles on my own -- but can 
you all break out of yours?

<>This seems to add a new wrinkle to an already confusing (if
>not confused) situation, since capital letters have different letteral 
>words.

Yes, but who uses those strange shifted letteral words? What
are they for?>

Well, you seem to use them in preference to the lower case ones at this 
point, for one thing. You just don't refer to them correctly.