Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: [jboske] RE: Anything but tautologies

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 02:17:10

la pycyn cusku di'e

>I would like to see an example. The mass of texts in my library is not
>obviously a text. What does it collaborate to do or have done to it that
>clearly marks it as a text?

Consider the text of each chapter of a book. Then the mass
of texts from all chapters are the text of the book, they
collaborate to be the text of the book.

>though I think that the mass of a single dog is different from the dog
>itself -- and certainly from any other dog, so not a dog at all.

Well, I guess we'll just disagree about that one.

How about a mass of many waters, can it be water?

><A is to abu as 1 is to pa.>
>
>Since that seems to be the question I'm asking, how are these critters
>related, this hardly helps any. I can can do circles on my own -- but can
>you all break out of yours?

Sorry, I don't know how else to say it. I write {li 4 sumji li 2 li 2}
and read out /li pa sumji li re li re/. Then I write {A prami mi}
and read out /abu prami mi/.

><Yes, but who uses those strange shifted letteral words? What
>are they for?>
>
>Well, you seem to use them in preference to the lower case ones at this
>point, for one thing.

I don't use the word "ga'e abu". I use the symbol "A" to represent
in writing the word "abu", just as I use the symbol "1" to represent
in writing the word "pa".

>You just don't refer to them correctly.

I don't want to refer to them (capital letters) at all. I'm just
using them.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp.