Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: [jboske] RE: Anything but tautologies

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 09:29:09 EST

In a message dated 3/1/2002 8:18:39 PM Central Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> >I would like to see an example. The mass of texts in my library is not
> >obviously a text. What does it collaborate to do or have done to it that
> >clearly marks it as a text?
> 
> Consider the text of each chapter of a book. Then the mass
> of texts from all chapters are the text of the book, they
> collaborate to be the text of the book.
> 

This is not obvious, albeit plausible. How do the details go?

<How about a mass of many waters, can it be water?>

Sure, that one seems to work, but I wonder if it isn't just malglico from the 
mass-noun status of "water".

<Sorry, I don't know how else to say it. I write {li 4 sumji li 2 li 2}
and read out /li pa sumji li re li re/. Then I write {A prami mi}
and read out /abu prami mi/.>

Well, let's see: they refer to the same thing (the letter "a", the number 
one), one is an abbreviation for the other. Not in Refgram or anywhere else 
I've found -- and a dangerous practice where every mark already has a 
meaning. Where on the wiki?

<I don't use the word "ga'e abu". I use the symbol "A" to represent
in writing the word "abu", just as I use the symbol "1" to represent
in writing the word "pa".

>You just don't refer to them correctly.

I don't want to refer to them (capital letters) at all. I'm just
using them.>

Well, you say {MI} means {my ibu} which looks suspiciously like a descriptive 
reference, but the reference is to {mi}.