Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: [jboske] RE: Anything but tautologies

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 17:33:23 EST

In a message dated 3/2/2002 9:11:52 AM Central Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> "abu" and "A" also refer to the same thing (to Alice), one is
> an abbreviation for the other. None of them refers to a letter.
> 

But Alice's name is spelled {abu ly ibu cy ebu}, so {abu} must refer to "a" 
or this is a misspelling (or, more likely, a massive use-mention confusion or 
something very like it).

<>Well, you say {MI} means {my ibu} which looks suspiciously like a 
>descriptive
>reference, but the reference is to {mi}.

No, there is no reference to the first person pronoun {mi} in
{my ibu}. {my ibu} is a third person pronoun, which might refer,
for example, to Mary Ingalls in some context.>

{my ibu} spells {mi}, not (whatever it may be) {MI} (?{ga'e my ibu}?), which 
is indeed the first person pronoun and since it is spelled, is probably meant 
for {zo mi}, a word, certainly not Mary Ingalls, context or no (and, of 
course, we have no context here to fall back on).