Subject: Re: sets, masses, &c. (was: RE: [lojban] Re: [jboske] RE: Anything but tautol...

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 13:31:34

la djan cusku di'e

>What is
>wrong with "lo plise" (some of the things which are apples) for
>"a bowl of apples"?

The scope of the quantifier. And was talking about something
like:

le tansi cu tisna loi plise
The bowl is filled with apples.

But {le tansi cu tisna lo plise} means that there is
at least one apple that fills the bowl, which is false,
because there is no apple that fills the bowl by itself.
The apples can only fill the bowl in collaboration, as
it were.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: 
http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx