Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: [jboske] Quantifiers, Existential Import, and all that stuff

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 02:42:01

la xod cusku di'e

>I think it would be nice if there was a clear exposition of these two
>dialects for the benefit of those, like me, who lack the stamina to
>follow the discussion directly.

The only differences (pc will correct me if there are any more)
are that for me {ro broda} is equivalent to {ro da poi broda}
and {no broda} is equivalent to {no da poi broda}, i.e. they
don't have existential import, whereas for pc these are not
equivalent.

For pc {ro broda} is equivalent to {ro lo su'o broda}, i.e. it
has existential import, and similarly {no broda} is equivalent
to {no lo su'o broda}.

Other than that, I think we agree on everything.

>Otherwise, given that neither of you are creating a corpus of Lojban text,

What do you mean? I'm about to finish the first draft of the
Alice translation. Slowly, but it is progressing.

>your exploration will be effectively lost. Soon, if not already,
>YahooGroups will be up to 20 000 messages; so many that there's a good
>chance for the future writer to miss your entire exchange.

Is there no way to safeguard those somehow? Not that they
contain much wisdom, but I remember I had a lot of fun reading
the old archives when I first started with Lojban. Of course
they were a lot less back then.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: 
http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx