Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: [jboske] Quantifiers, Existential Import, and all that stuff

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 04:34:34 EST

In a message dated 3/8/2002 10:02:24 AM Central Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> ><A- ro [lo ro] broda
> >E- no [lo ro] broda
> >I+ su'o [lo ro] broda = su'o lo su'o broda
> >O+ me'iro [lo ro] broda = me'iro lo su'o broda
> >
> >A+ ro lo su'o broda
> >E+ no lo su'o broda
> >I- naku no lo su'o broda
> >O- naku ro lo su'o broda
> 

I wish you'd make up your mind whether it is the things with internal {su'o} 
that are + or the things that are internal {ro}, the shifting back and forth 
makes this hard to follow without constantly checking the list again, which 
is more effort than crazinesses deserves. But, if {su'o broda cu brode} = 
{su'o lo su'o broda cu brode} then {naku su'o broda cu brode} must be also 
{naku su'o lo su'o broda cu brode} . But one of these is patently - and the 
other + or else the principle here is totally arbitrary (i.e., no principle 
at all). Or maybe there is one but it is so far from Lojban and logic, that 
I just can't see it. I do wish you would explain how it works (on loccan3, 
perhaps).