Subject: RE: [lojban] Re: [jboske] Quantifiers, Existential Import, and all that stuff

From: "And Rosta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 16:12:51 -0000

pc:
> I wish you'd make up your mind whether it is the things with 
> internal {su'o} that are + or the things that are internal {ro}, the 
> shifting back and forth makes this hard to follow without constantly 
> checking the list again, which is more effort than crazinesses 
> deserves. But, if {su'o broda cu brode} = {su'o lo su'o broda cu 
> brode} then {naku su'o broda cu brode} must be also {naku su'o lo 
> su'o broda cu brode} . But one of these is patently - and the other 
> + or else the principle here is totally arbitrary (i.e., no principle 
> at all). Or maybe there is one but it is so far from Lojban and 
> logic, that I just can't see it. I do wish you would explain how it 
> works (on loccan3, perhaps). 

{su'o broda cu brode} = {su'o lo ro broda cu brode} 

That then logically entails {su'o lo su'o broda cu brode}.

{na ku su'o broda cu brode} = {na ku su'o lo ro broda cu brode} 

And that does not entail {na ku su'o lo su'o broda cu brode} 

"=" in these formulae means "is an abbreviation of".

--And.