Subject: Re: Quantifiers, Esistential Import, etc.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 12:09:31 EST

With due thanks for examples -- positive and negative -- to Llamban and 
xorxes.
Type: Normal Lojban : English
A+ : ro broda cu brode: Every S is P
A- : ro da poi broda cu brode : Any S is P
E+: no broda cu brode: None of the S is P
E- : no da poi broda cu brode: No S is P
I+ : lo broda cu brode: Some S is P
I- : da poi broda cu brode: Some S -- if there are any -- is P
O+ : lo broda cu naku brode: Some S is not P/ Not all S is P
O- : da poi broda cu naku brode: Not every S is P/ Some S -- if there are any 
-- is P

Type: Revealing + form: revealing - form [redundant]
A+: ro broda cu brode [ije lo'i broda cu se su'omei] : da poi broda cu brode 
ije de broda
A-: ro broda cu brode ija lo'i broda cu se nomei : [de broda inaja] ro da 
zo'u ganai da broda gi da brode
E+ : no broda cu brode [ije lo'i broda cu se su'omei] : no da poi broda cu 
brode ije de broda
E- : no broda cu brode ija lo'i broda cu se nomei: [da broda inaja] no da 
zo'u ge da broda gi da brode
I+ : lo broda cu brode [ije lo'i broda cu se su'omei] : da poi broda cu 
brode ije de broda
I- : lo broda cu brode ija lo'i broda cu se nomei: de broda inaja da zo'u 
ge da broda gi da brode
O+: lo broda cu naku brode [ije lo'i broda cu se su'omei] : da poi broda cu 
brode ije de broda
O- : lo broda cu naku brode ija lo'i broda cu se su'omei : de broda inaja da 
zo'u ge da broda ginai da brode.

I worry a bit anbout all those sets that are aspects of Finnish culture.