Subject: Re: [lojban] Programming Languages for Lojban

From: Björn Gohla <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 20:02:56 +0100

On Monday 11 March 2002 18:05, Jay Kominek wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Invent Yourself wrote:
> > If one were to try to parse Lojban and use it for the internal workings
> > of an inference engine, would Lisp or Prolog be more appropriate?
>
> I would venture to say Prolog (or some other logic programming language).
> Lojban is basically Prolog 'instructions', but remains data in Lisp (and
> other functional languages).

as i recently wrote in another post, i have been looking into using lojban to 
instruct wearable computers. my idea is to transform lojban into xml or 
s-expressions, then canonicalize sentences, finally apply task specific 
scheme macros or xsl stylesheets to transform sentences into instructions for 
the underlying system. we will probably use stylesheets, since the 
application already heavily uses xml.
- -- 
() ASCII ribbon against html email 
/\ and Microsoft attachments.
pub 1024D/834F4976 2001-01-07 Björn Gohla (Wissenschaftler, Weltbürger) 
<[email-masked]>
Key fingerprint = 9FF4 FEDA CCDF DA0E 14D5 8129 6C14 3C39 834F 4976
sub 1024g/29571FE2 2001-01-07