Subject: Re: [lojban] Programming Languages for Lojban

From: "Robert J. Chassell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 19:23:59 +0000 (UTC)

as i recently wrote in another post, i have been looking into using
lojban to instruct wearable computers. my idea is to transform
lojban into xml or s-expressions, then ....

Yes, this is exiting!

Also, it is a quite different task from that of asking questions such
as:

My name is Bob, and my father was named Joseph, and his father was
named Olin; what is the name of one of my grandfather's
grandchildren?

And that is different from the task of

Move to line after the word grandchildren; move forward another
line. Open up space. Insert text saying `Moreover, that..' Go
to beginning of line; replace word that is there with the word
`and' ....

It will be interesting to see what kind of `style' each of these
different tasks imposes on Lojban. 

Also, as a practical matter, I hope that the various
Lojban-as-programming-language developers will cooperate enough that a
person speaking or typing grammatical Lojban can do all the different
tasks on the same machine without having to know or think about
`hidden' factors, such as whether evaluation is strict or lazy.

-- 
Robert J. Chassell [email-masked]
Rattlesnake Enterprises http://www.rattlesnake.com