Subject: Re: [lojban] More about quantifiers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 15:45:30 EST

In a message dated 3/11/2002 11:09:20 AM Central Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> Just for the record, I have not modified my system
> at all during this discussion. It has been from the
> start of the discussion, and for as long as I remember
> since I started learning Lojban, this one:

Sorry. You have presented so many different systems over the last few days 
that I am afraid I lost track of what you were actually advocating as opposed 
to what you were just putting forth as interesting or dreadful or whatever. 
Thank you for renewing your presentation of the original and still going 
form.

<O+: me'iro broda cu brode = me'iro da poi broda cu brode>

Have you really known about {me'iro} for all these years? I wish you had 
mentioned it earlier, since I have been hunting for a good word for this for 
some time (probably longer than you hve been around). 

<This is because this system is the only one that has
simple rules for transformations between the different
forms and the different quantifiers.>

I am afraid I just don't see how these rules are easier than any others, but 
I am going to spend some time on that issue -- raised by your previous post 
as well.