Subject: inner quantifiers

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 19:58:46

Whatever our preferences in terms of import for
the {Q broda cu brode} forms, it is always the
case that:

Q lo su'o broda cu brode = ge da broda gi Q broda cu brode

After all, the inner quantifier in {Q1 lo Q2 broda} is just
the claim that there are (exactly) Q2 broda. I was going
to write that it is the claim that {Q2 da broda}, but that
doesn't work for Q2 = ro, da'a, so'e, so'a...
In fact, {da'a}, {so'e}, {so'a} cannot be inner quantifiers,
as they result in nonsense!

This means that independently of the system of choice,
we have, in addition to any others, these uncontroversial
forms:

A+ ro lo su'o broda cu brode
E+ no lo su'o broda cu brode
I+ su'o lo su'o broda cu brode
O+ me'iro lo su'o broda cu brode

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com