Subject: Re: [lojban] Programming Languages for Lojban (fwd)

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 15:55:22 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Invent Yourself wrote:

> A great deal of the answer to this question depends upon what you want todo
> with the lojban that has been translated into a programming language. I
> would say that the system's design Language Rosetta is the best fit for
> lojban. Rosetta is equivalent to a first order predicate calculus, and
> therefore the predicates within lojban which find a direct translation into
> Rosetta.

I'm dubious about the relevence of Rosetta to Lojban. It looks like a
hardware description language (and is, in particular, disturbingly similar
to VHDL).

And if you're wanting an inference engine of some sort, which understands
Lojban, I'd at least aim in the direction of something which already has
inferencing abilities.

I don't really see it offering anything to what it sounds like you're
interested in.

Have you perused the logic-based language section of the Open Directory
Project?

http://dmoz.org/Computers/Programming/Languages/Logic-based/

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose