Subject: Re: [lojban] lojban application in wearable computing

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:37:52 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Robin Lee Powell wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 11:52:52PM +0100, Bj??rn Gohla wrote:
> > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> > Hash: SHA1
> >
> > today i talked to a computer science student working on his diploma
> > thesis at my university. he is concerned with how to make it easy for
> > users of wearable computers to compose and configure software modules
> > on their devices. we discussed how lojban could help non programmers
> > in telling the gadgets what to do. we will perhaps go into details
> > tomorrow.
> >
> > yes, i am rather excited 8)
>
> Wow, that's very cool, especially as I have been pondering the same
> issues myself in my head (I've been interested in wearables for years).
> Please let me know if I can help.

I tend to think that Lojban is useful here as a "native language" for such
devices, for internal use, testing & debugging and concept proofs, since
it's so much easier (in theory) to work with Lojban than any other
language. And once the bugs are worked out, an English/Lojban translation
layer is created. At least that's what I intend for my inference engine.

So far, in seeking a language for that project, I have one vote for Lisp,
one for Prolog, and one for Rosetta! Looks like I will have to do due
diligence to break the tie.

-- 
When a system is in harmony with the Tao,
the compiler makes applications and utilities.
When a system goes counter to the Tao,
accounting logs fill the root directory.