Subject: Re: [lojban] LogFest 2001: How are we doing?

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:26:13 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Robin Lee Powell wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 10:54:17PM -0400, Bob LeChevalier-Logical Language Group wrote:
> > LogFest 2002 has had a preliminary date set for the last weekend of
> > July in 2002 - no one actually looked up the date, which we intend to
> > confirm before the end of the year
>
> .u'iru'e

July 2002
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

:)

> > Total attendance at LogFest was a little smaller this year than last
> > year, with Robin Powell the only person who had never attended before.
>
> And I'll be coming again this year. In fact, I'm wrapping my whole
> summer vacation around it, as I did last year. Please, join us!

I'd like to attend.

(That is, of course, dependant upon my having a job, having vacation,
having money, etc, etc. Anyone know anyone hiring software engineers?
Anyone know anyone hiring _at all_?)

> > Much attention was given to Nick's books and other net based activity,
> > although highest priority was set on making current our snail mailing
> > list data base, and resuming communications with Lojbanists who are
> > not in contact with us through Lojban List, many of whom may not be on
> > the net at all. Resuming publication of our newsletter and journal
> > should follow shortly thereafter.
>
> Did any of this happen?

I'm still offering to do ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING which will aid in getting in
contact with non-Internet connected Lojbanists.

Only two people responded to my call for materials for campa'avlas, btw.
(Thanks)

> > Robin being more capable at this sort of thing than I am, will also be
> > working on improvements to the main web site, and ideas and requests
> > for such improvements are now in order for discussion on Lojban List.
>
> I haven't done as much of this as I would like, but that's partly due to
> almost exactly 0 suggestions (not counting 'please fix this broken link'
> mails).

I'd like to think its because you did a decent job on your own. :)

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose