Subject: Re: [lojban] lojban application in wearable computing

From: Björn Gohla <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 10:14:55 +0100

On Wednesday 13 March 2002 03:48, Ted Reed wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 12 2002 03:37 pm, Invent Yourself wrote:
> > I tend to think that Lojban is useful here as a "native language" for
> > such devices, for internal use, testing & debugging and concept proofs,
> > since it's so much easier (in theory) to work with Lojban than any other
> > language. And once the bugs are worked out, an English/Lojban translation
> > layer is created. At least that's what I intend for my inference engine.
> >
> > So far, in seeking a language for that project, I have one vote for Lisp,
> > one for Prolog, and one for Rosetta! Looks like I will have to do due
> > diligence to break the tie.
>
> I personally think that lisp/scheme like languages would bear the most in
> common with lojban. Perhaps some python-esque attributes as well.

i also thought about using scheme, and i already modified jbofihe to output 
parsetrees as s-expressions, but we are going to use xml, because, as i 
already wrote, the environment that we are working with is heavily xml 
reliant. apart from the obvious xsl we could use any language that has an xml 
parser. the different system components so far are small, single purpose 
programs that communicate via tcp sockets passing xml fragments.

- -- 
The Internet was invented as a highly dependable, 
high-speed, distributed, secure, and powerful network 
so that in the event of a nuclear crisis, military 
officials would always have access to pornography.
pub 1024D/834F4976 2001-01-07 Björn Gohla (Wissenschaftler, Weltbürger) 
<[email-masked]>
Key fingerprint = 9FF4 FEDA CCDF DA0E 14D5 8129 6C14 3C39 834F 4976
sub 1024g/29571FE2 2001-01-07