Subject: Re: [lojban] lojban application in wearable computing

From: Björn Gohla <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 10:36:38 +0100

On Tuesday 12 March 2002 23:36, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 11:52:52PM +0100, Bj??rn Gohla wrote:
> > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> > Hash: SHA1
> >
> > today i talked to a computer science student working on his diploma
> > thesis at my university. he is concerned with how to make it easy for
> > users of wearable computers to compose and configure software modules
> > on their devices. we discussed how lojban could help non programmers
> > in telling the gadgets what to do. we will perhaps go into details
> > tomorrow.
> >
> > yes, i am rather excited 8)
>
> Wow, that's very cool, especially as I have been pondering the same
> issues myself in my head (I've been interested in wearables for years).
> Please let me know if I can help.
we need to think up a way to usefully represent lojban parse trees in xml 
(and thus in scheme). i am wondering about the significance of the sub-rules 
in the formal grammars, do or do they not need to be represented separately? 
perhaps someone more intimately familiar with the formal grammars can give a 
suggestion here.

before we implement anything it would be useful if jbofi'e could be separated 
into a frontend and a backend library, so we would in effect be writing a new 
frontend that produces xml instead of the familiar output, but avoid an 
outright code fork. i am not too familiar with how to make shared libraries 
so that might be something very specific to help with for a start.

as tom nicolai, the computer scientist i am working this on this, is at cebit 
the next couple of days, the planned web page giving a more detailed 
description of our plans will not be forth coming until the end of the month.
- -- 
Bill says: "This is where You go today!"
pub 1024D/834F4976 2001-01-07 Björn Gohla (Wissenschaftler, Weltbürger) 
<[email-masked]>
Key fingerprint = 9FF4 FEDA CCDF DA0E 14D5 8129 6C14 3C39 834F 4976
sub 1024g/29571FE2 2001-01-07