Subject: Re: [lojban] lojban application in wearable computing

From: "Robert J. Chassell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 13:32:28 +0000 (UTC)

What resemblance do you see between lisp and lojban, exactly? At a
first glance, I see a much stronger resemblance to Prolog.

I think it is primarily a matter of perception. I do not think of
Prolog as a language for programming hardware.

On the other hand, I think of Lisp as the language used to program the
Lisp Machine, as well being a language for integrated desktops,
including this email composing editor, for inference engines, and
more.

Many people think of Lojban as a `logical language'. After all, that
was its origin.

But Lojban is more than that: it is a general purpose language.

As a programming language, please plan to use Lojban to give orders to
your mechanical vacuum cleaner. Please expect it to serve both as the
content language and as the editing language for composing email.
Please hope that programmers will use Lojban to write a windowing
system that appeals both to sighted people and to the blind.

-- 
Robert J. Chassell [email-masked]
Rattlesnake Enterprises http://www.rattlesnake.com