Subject: Re: [lojban] color

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 22:24:19 -0500

On Wednesday 13 March 2002 21:52, Jay Kominek wrote:
> I mentioned something on the Wiki today, and I feel compelled to dump it
> here to the list, to try and garner a tad more response:
>
> ----
>
> There ought to be a convinent way to describe color in terms of tuples in
> standard color spaces. (RGB, CMYK, HSV, HSB, CIE, etc)
>
> Something like {x1 has RGB color of x2 redness, x3 greeness, and x4
> blueness (where x2 - x4 are in [0, 1]).} Suggest a set of lujvo.
>
> judryska "color-coordinate" {x1 is the color specified by position tuple
> x2 in color space/system x3 (default: RGB)}
>
> le tsani ka blanu cu judryska li pimureso pi'e pibinoze pi'e pa la rgb

Looks good to me. (Or would, inaja da'i donri.) I suspect, though, that 
{zirpu} denotes a color that isn't expressible with RGB - it's the fourth 
primary, violet. (IIRR, the red-seeing cones see this, but not as strongly as 
they see red. Because both red-seeing and blue-seeing cones see zirpu, it is 
often confused with nukni. iku'i mi xunynarvi'a gi'onai xuncizvi'a .iseni'ibo 
mi cumki bebna tavla)

mu'omi'e pier.