Subject: Re: [lojban] Call for Help with lojban.org

From: Ted Reed <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 00:48:49 -0800

On Wednesday, March 13 2002 11:10 pm, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 06:54:02PM -0800, Ted Reed wrote:
> > On Wednesday, March 13 2002 11:02 am, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> > > Rob and Jay have brought things up that have reminded me I want to
> > > do this.
> > >
> > > I am interested in inviting people to help provide content for
> > > lojban.org.
> > >
> > > Requirements:
> > >
> > > Comfortable with shell access and ssh.
> >
> > This I am in abundance. I assume you also lump scp in with ssh?
>
> Yes.
>
> > > Willing to learn a CM tool you've probably never used before.
> >
> > I'm prolly being really dense but, "CM tool"?
>
> Configuration Management tool.
>
> > > -Robin
> >
> > Depends on what exactly you need and how much time you need?
>
> What ever you want, however long you want.
>
> > I'm a busy man, what with my own open-source project and contributing
> > to two others, working on an RPG, my pile of books to read quickly
> > growing.... and I don't even have a job right now.
>
> Damn. What are the open source projects, and is it your own RPG?

My open-source project, still in the design stages, is PeNES, an open-source, 
cross-platform, modular NES emulator, which features a model which keeps the 
emulator entirely separate from the interface, to make porting or even 
multiple interface of diffreant kinds on the same platform very easy. More 
information can be found at http://penes.sf.net/

Recently, I've taken over the linux port of the Sphere GCE (Game Creation 
Engine). It has sound now (from Audiere, which explains my involvement 
there), and later tonight or perhaps tomarrow I'm going to replace the 
previous maintainer's (poor) graphics system with a better port of the plugin 
system from the windows port. Sphere info can be found at 
http://sphere.sf.net/

As a result of trying to get sound working in Sphere-Linux, I've hacked a 
little bit into Audiere, a cross-platform audio library which builds on other 
open-source libraries to support a heck of a lot of formats and output 
methods in one easy to use API. Audiere can be found at 
http://sf.net/projects/audiere

The RPG is not mine, but is conceived and being run by an older member of the 
Sphere community, who decided that Sphere needed a full game to show off its 
power, instead of all of these little tech demos we've been seeing. I'm one 
of two coders, working on the menu system (and I just realized 10 minutes ago 
that my design is flawed and ultimately unmaintainable, so I'm going to have 
to redo most of it =( ). JRN put up a small page somewhere, but I lost the 
URL.

> -Robin