Subject: Re: [lojban] color

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 13:10:44 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Pierre Abbat wrote:

> Looks good to me. (Or would, inaja da'i donri.) I suspect, though, that
> {zirpu} denotes a color that isn't expressible with RGB - it's the fourth
> primary, violet.

Er. Human vision is made up of 3 measurements, and is thus, a three
dimensional state space. RGB is a 3 dimensional state space. Ignoring
matters of the relative intensities of R, G and B as the eye experiences
them and such, RGB (with enough resolution) should be able to encode any
color we can see. All the other color schemes with at least 3 state
variables should be able to do so, as well. (Give or take, you can design
a broken one, but that is pathological.)

Right? I realize color isn't very simple, but I'm not trying to develop a
complex system, here. I just want a reliable way to convey to someone my
idea of "fuscha", numerically. (By relating to them the CIE or whatever
coordinates of what I call "fuscha".) The deeper issues are being handled
by the color system, x3.

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose