Subject: Re: [lojban] color

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 16:47:08 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Lee Daniel Crocker wrote:

> If you're going to go to the trouble of a precise expression, use
> a precise model, not one as thouroughly broken and meaningless as RGB.
> Better still, have a place for "color model", in which you can specify
> "Local RGB" to be vague, or be precise with something like CIE-Lab.

Read everything I posted.

--
judryska "color-coordinate" {x1 is the color specified by position tuple
x2 in color space/system x3 (default: RGB)}
--

x3 is exactly what you're asking for. Yes, RGB is borked, but I believe it
still makes an acceptable default, as most people are familiar with it,
and do not need the kind of precision required.

It looks like my above lujvo is more or less acceptable, so I'll stick up
names and examples of some other color systems, so that people can
convinently use whichever they'd like.

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose