Subject: RE: [lojban] lojban.org transfer, reprise.

From: "Craig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 19:04:29 -0500

>> > On the other hand, an alternative would almost surely include a sane
>> > reply policy for mailing list responses.
>>
>> Out of curiosity, what do you consider 'a sane reply policy'?

>Where default replies go to the list, not to the poster.

There are times for replying to the list, and times for replying to the
poster. Consider the two scenarios:

A. No munging.
Reply to list: click reply-all, remove one name from the to box on your
e-mail system.
Reply to poster: click reply

B. Munging.
Reply to list: click reply.
Reply to poster: click reply, select the list address, type in the poster's
address and hope you get it right.

Assuming that you do any replying to the poster, scenario A is better. That
is not a reasonable assumption, for some people, but for many of us it is.