Subject: Re: [lojban] openprojects IRC whining.

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 17:22:23 -0800

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 05:04:19PM -0800, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 05:10:32PM -0700, Jay Kominek wrote:
> > The only difference between your proposal to try and link your IRC
> > server to OpenProjects, and just pointing a CNAME at a single
> > OpenProjects server 
> 
> Which I've already agreed to do, just to make this argument go away.
> 
> > is that you'd be (the only person) running it. You can stand around
> > screaming at us "It makes more sense to use my server!" all day, but
> > without some sort of justification, it isn't particularly convincing.
> 
> Uhhh, you mean besides the netsplits, the constant operator messages,
> and the silent netsplits such that people *look* like they are there but
> never respond?
> 
> Am I talking to a wall?
> 
> -Robin

<sigh>

I want to apologize for the above comment. We disgree, and that's fine,
but for some reason this whole thing is making me really, *really*
angry. I think it's because I've done a *lot* of work on the website
and related issues surrounding lojban.org, and the only thing I asked
for in return, that I recall, was that people use my IRC server.

To find out suddenly that not only did people ignore that request, but
they didn't even *tell* me that they had been ignoring it all this
time... Well, it really upset me.

So.

I'm going to get DNS control of lojban.org, and I will point
irc.lojban.org at a single openprojects server. I *really* hate dealing
with IRC networks, but this seems to be the best way to handle the
situation, especially if we really *have* gotten new people interested
in lojban that way.

Can we all quit fighting now?

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno
je xlali -- RLP http://www.lojban.org/