Subject: Re: [lojban] openprojects IRC whining.

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 18:37:17 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Robin Lee Powell wrote:

> I want to apologize for the above comment.

I didn't mind.

> I think it's because I've done a *lot* of work on the website
> and related issues surrounding lojban.org, and the only thing I asked
> for in return, that I recall, was that people use my IRC server.

I think and hope that everyone appreciates your work on the web site and
everything else at least as much as I do. I even appreciate your work on
the IRC server, even if it ran in opposition with what I believed to be best.

> To find out suddenly that not only did people ignore that request, but
> they didn't even *tell* me that they had been ignoring it all this
> time... Well, it really upset me.

I wasn't aware that using your IRC server was a request of any sort, I
thought it was merely that you believed it to be the best technical
solution.

(If it makes you feel better, then at least some of the people on
OpenProjects IRC aren't on the mailing list and wouldn't have known about
the switch.)

> I'm going to get DNS control of lojban.org, and I will point
> irc.lojban.org at a single openprojects server. I *really* hate dealing
> with IRC networks, but this seems to be the best way to handle the
> situation, especially if we really *have* gotten new people interested
> in lojban that way.

I'll be happy to try and accumulate statistics about which one would make
the best choice, if you'd like.

> Can we all quit fighting now?

I'm sorry we had to fight in the first place. :( I thought it was just
about the technical merits, and I didn't realize that you were more
involved than that. Upsetting you is certainly one of the last things I'd
want to do.

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose