Subject: Re: [lojban] openprojects IRC whining.

From: Rob Speer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 22:12:58 -0500

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 07:16:33PM -0500, Invent Yourself wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Jay Kominek wrote:
> 
> > OpenProjects:
> >
> > *#* Users on #lojban: trans comatoast Taliesin zirpu xena deltab jewel
> > surak tsali
> 
> 
> 
> I don't knw what all those folks are doing there. Is it because
> digitalkingdom was down? I don't know how long it was down for; I stopped
> using IRC for a while. Do folks enjoy getting annoying messages from
> confused operators, and playing guessing games which sci fi author's
> server is the one everyone is on this hour?

I'd just like to express my support for using IRC on the current
lojban.org. It's the first IRC server that hasn't given me an "airport
security" type runaround every time I try to connect.

By this I mean that most IRC servers will "detain" my connection for
around a minute when they discover that I don't run ident (and, in fact,
I can't, not to mention the fact that ident is entirely useless now
because of things like the fake ident built into mIRC). Eventually they
grudgingly let me through despite my failure to meet their l33tness
standards.

I don't remember whether OpenProjects does this. I do remember
encountering lots of lag in connecting there, either way.

I'm glad to be away from this stupidity.

-- 
la rab.spir
noi sarji zo gumri