Subject: Re: [lojban] color

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 22:40:05 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Nathaniel Smith wrote:

> (Though, honestly, I can't imagine that people will ever use
> this selbri aside from describing how to set a web-page background or
> something.

Well, I anticipate it might be useful when two people start arguing about
what color they think a certain car is or something. Or roughly describing
some fancy color name a person has never heard of. Indian red? Steel
blue? Tyrian purple? That sort of thing.

> Would you be able to answer questions like that usefully while
> half-way through a sentence?)

I expect people will put some thought into it whenever they use this.
Might be useful converted to a MEX operator or something, too. Who knows?
People will want to do something like it sooner or later, so I figure it
can't hurt to define it now. :) (Particularly since there apparently isn't
much disagreement! I'm shocked, really.)

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose