Subject: RE: [lojban] openprojects IRC whining.

From: "Craig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 11:43:02 -0500

>> > I *still* think that having it on a public servernet doesn't help;
AFAIK
>> > *no-one* has come to lojban through accidently seeing the channel on
>> > openprojects, unless they had previously heard of the language before.
>>
>> You've not been on there is quite a long time. I distinctly recall
>> greeting more than a handful of people who have stumbled in there,
>> recognizing only the name, and coming to see if it was the language, if
>> people in there spoke it, etc, etc.

>There have been quite a few people who have popped into #lojban to see
what's there.

1. Had they all heard the name Lojban before?

If openprojects doesn't give us any exposure with people who havent been
exposed to us before, what's the point?

2. Have any of them become active Lojbanists?

If openprojects makes people have heard of us, that's good, but not as good
as targeted recruiting toward people who might actually want to learn
lojban. A reasonable number of IRC people are not as geeky as most of us
are.