Subject: Re: [lojban] openprojects IRC whining.

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 12:41:47 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 03:49:11PM +0200, Adam Raizen wrote:
> > Another possibility is for lojban.org to run its own irc server, and
> > then have a bot which pipes the conversation from #lojban on
> > lojban.org to #lojban on openprojects and vice versa. That way we have
> > our own dedicated irc server without any of the problems of
> > openprojects, and yet people might still find out about lojban by
> > randomly wandering into the openprojects room.
>
> I *like* that. Do you know how to do it?

Most people doing it use Eggdrop bots with some sort of bridging script.
Eggdrops use TCL and as such are easily the most evil pieces of software
in existance. (Or did and were, whatever.)

FWIW, IMO, etc, etc, channel bridging is really quite annoying for all
parties involved.

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose