Subject: Re: [lojban] ChomskyBot

From: Rob Speer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 18:15:01 -0500

On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 03:56:50PM -0700, Jay Kominek wrote:
> Richard Curnow also has a system under development.
> 
> All of which are quite a bit more complicated than the ChomskyBot.
> 
> (Mine use an algorith from a fellow out of .nz which analyzes the grammar
> to determine all the proper weightings so you get sentences of exactly the
> length you want. Nora's (the LLG one) just has hard coded weights. Not
> sure what Richard's does, though I think he told me at one point.)

How hard would it be to modify yours to not use that algorithm? I'd like
a random sentence generator that works on Linux, and while yours has a
good idea behind it, the output leaves something to be desired. The vast
majority of seven-word sentences, for example, consist of seven
unrelated cmavo, indicating that weighting really is important.

Heck, I'd fiddle around with the weights if I had some way to adjust
them.

-- 
la rab.spir
noi sarji zo gumri